Wednesday 29 April 2015

Lucky in Life?

A few months ago I had someone at work tell me how lucky I had been in life. She had been talking to me about the (what seemed like) mass of problems that she was going through and afterwards had asked about a few things in my life, such as my:

Weight-loss
Home
Fiancée
Wedding
Work
Life in general

I replied that they were all good, "You're so lucky, you have a perfect life" was her reply, I told her that no one was perfect and left it at that, but it's been repeatedly playing on my mind. I'm not saying I have a bad life, currently my life is very good, we all have ups and downs, good days and bad, but it felt like she seemed to think that everything had just been handed to me and that I'd never had to work at anything.

Me and my partner have been together for almost 9 years and have had some amazing times but also times when we felt overwhelmed and that we weren't going to last much longer. However we have worked at our relationship and have come out stronger for it. We have a wonderful house that we're hoping will last for most of our lives but in order to get this house we had to work hard and save for years just for the deposit.

My work is something I love but it's taken me a long time to get to the stage that I have and on the way I've had some jobs that I hated, one of which came close to driving me into depression. Even the amazing job that I not have has had it's bumps in the road, working 6 day weeks (which included 4 hours traveling a day) for a low wage, then having work to do at home on top of that, while hardly getting to see my partner, was extremely difficult and tiring but has all been worth it.

My weight is something I have a had years struggling with and I have let other people deter me instead of doing what was best for me. I'm finally in a place where I am making better, lifelong changes to my life for my health and I've never felt better!

The only thing I can say I was truly lucky to have in my life are the two amazing people that raised me to be the person I am today. I come from a very stable, loving and supportive home and couldn't imagine my life without my parents, they have done so much for me throughout my life and have always said that they don't care what I do in life, as long as I am happy, and that is what I am... Happy! 

Not lucky, just happy. 

If you can learn to be happy and appreciative with what you have in life then I believe you'll always feel lucky.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment